Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:30-3:30 and Friday 7:30-3:00
Media Specialist: Cindy DeRosier
School Phone: 507-263-6800 EXT 3307
About The Librarian/Media Specialist
I have B.S. Degree from the University of Wisconsin Stout in Home Economics Education
and a Masters Degree in Library Media Science from Minnesota State University Mankato.
I love to garden and spend most of my free time reading Young Adult
Literature that I have in the Library or plan to put in the Library.
Objectives of the Library
The mission of the library media technology program in the Cannon Falls
School District is to support the curriculum.
The purpose of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff
are effective users of ideas and information.
This is in conjunction with the District Mission Policy, which states: “The mission of Independent School District No. 252 is to ensure access to a healthy and comprehensive educational program in a positive and orderly school environment conducive to learning wherein students are challenged to reach their highest intellectual potential. Learning opportunities will emphasize critical thinking skills, communication skills, creative problem-solving skills and citizenship skills necessary for life-long learning processes and for leading productive, fulfilling lives in a complex, changing society.”
Specific objectives of the media program are:
1. To provide intellectual access to information.
2. To provide physical access to information through a carefully selected and systematically organized collection of diversified materials.
3. To provide learning experiences that encourages users to become
discriminating consumers and skilled creators of information.
4. To provide leadership, instruction, and consulting assistance in the use of instructional and information technology.
5. To provide resources and activities that contribute to lifelong learning.
6. To provide a facility that functions as the information center of the school.
7. To provide resources and learning activities that support a diversity of experiences, opinions, cultural and intellectual information.